Gepon has immunomodulatory and antiviral activity:
- It causes production of α- and ß- interferon,
- mobilizes and activates macrophages,
- limiting the production of inflammatory cytokines (interleukins 1, 6, 8, and tumor necrosis factor)
- stimulates the production of masteron side effects antibodies to various antigens of the infectious nature,
- It inhibits viral replication.
Owing to these pharmacological properties, Gepon increases resistance of the organism against infections caused by viruses, bacteria and fungi.
Gepon exerts anti-inflammatory effects within 1-2 days after application.
In patients infected with HIV, HIV Gepon reduces the concentration of blood cells and plasma, simultaneously activates the immune responses specific for HIV:
- increases the content of CD4 + T cells and NK cells,
- increases the functional activity of neutrophils and of CD8 + T cells, which are key links to protect the body against bacteria, viruses and fungi,
- increases the production of antibodies masteron side effects specific to the antigens of HIV, as well as to the antigens of pathogens of opportunistic infections that are relevant for a given patient,
- prevents relapses of opportunistic infections for 3-6 months.
The pharmacokinetics of the drug has not been studied in relation to its peptide nature.
- for correction of weakened immunity in immunodeficient states,
- for the treatment of HIV infection,
- to enhance immune defense against infections, prevention and treatment of opportunistic infections caused by bacteria, viruses or fungi,
- for the treatment of skin and mucosal infections caused by fungi Candida,
- for the prevention of candidiasis masteron side effects of the skin and mucous membranes resulting from antibiotic therapy,
- to reduce inflammation (redness, swelling, itching, burning, pain) of the skin and mucous membranes, as well as dryness of mucous membranes.
Individual hypersensitivity to Gepon.
Children under 12 years old.
Pregnancy and lactation
Gepon should not be used during pregnancy unless the benefits accruing to the patient, do not exceed the potential risk to the fetus. Gepon not recommended for breastfeeding mothers.
Dosing and Administration
The recommended dose for adults and children 12 years and older from 2 mg to 10 mg orally (per os) once daily or 1.2 mg in a 0.02-0.04% solution for topical treatment mucous and skin once a day.
For the treatment of opportunistic infections in HIV infection or other immunodeficiency – recommend a course of treatment with a daily intake of 10 mg Gepona orally for 1-3 months.
For the treatment and prevention of infections of the skin and mucous membranes, caused by fungi of Candida – recommended topical application Gepona by spraying the affected areas of the skin and mucous 0.02-0.04% solution, 3-course masteron side effects irrigation at intervals of 1-3 days between irrigations.
When vulvovaginitis, urethritis, cervicitis women used irrigation 0.02 -0.04% solution Gepona mucosa of the vulva, vagina, cervix, and lotions on the affected areas of the skin adjacent to the entrance to the vagina.
When urethritis and balanoposthitis in men used installation 0.02-0.04% solution Gepona into the urethra and lotions on the affected skin. The treatment of the skin and mucous membranes is repeated three times at intervals of 1-3 days.
For the prevention of candidiasis mucous membranes and skin as the potential complications of intensive antibiotic therapy recommended for irrigation (lotion) 0.02-0.04% solution Gepona during a course of antibiotic therapy.
To reduce the intensity of mucosal inflammation should be irrigated with a solution of 0.02-0.04% Gepona, and inflamed areas of the skin to apply gauze soaked in a solution of 0.02-0.04% Gepona.