The sennosides and glycosides are not absorbed in the small intestine; fall masteron steroids unaltered into the colon where they are metabolized by enteric bacteria flora to active metabolites – reinantronov. Reinantrony affect the motility of the colon, increasing propulsive contractions. This reduces the contact time of water and electrolytes from the intestinal mucosa, and their absorption is reduced, resulting in accelerated passage through the bowel of its contents. Under the influence of reinantronov also increases the secretion of water and electrolytes in the gut by stimulating the active secretion of chloride. Due to water retention in the gut lumen, gut contents softens and facilitating its removal. After ingestion sennosides virtually not absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT). Glycosidic bonds are cleaved in the colon to form sennidiny which under the action of bacterial reductase reinantrony converted to – active metabolites. The basic amount reinantronov (90%) displayed the intestine in the form of the pharmacologically inactive polymers. The rest of the reinantronov absorbed, but their bioavailability is very low (about 5%). The absorbed reinantrony metabolized in the liver. Partially output intestine as glucuronides and partially – the kidneys, which causes staining of urine from yellow-brown to red.
Tablets Gerbion® Lexan – herbal drug is indicated for:
- constipation caused by a change in diet and the nature of the food;
- constipation caused hypotension and atony of the colon, including in old age, after surgery and childbirth.
- Hypersensitivity to extract senna or other ingredients;
- spastic constipation, intestinal obstruction, incarcerated hernia, perforated ulcer, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- acute and chronic inflammatory diseases of the masteron steroids abdominal cavity (appendicitis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, proctitis and hemorrhoids (acute phase));
- abdominal pain of unknown origin;
- violations of water-electrolyte metabolism;
- children under 12 years;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- galactosemia, Lapp lactase deficiency or malabsorption syndrome glucose-galactose.
Precautions: liver and / or kidney failure, a condition after abdominal operations, diabetes.
Pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation (insufficiently studied the efficacy and safety). Active metabolites gidroksiantratsenovyh glycosides penetrate into breast milk.
Dosing and Administration
Inside, taken at bedtime, after meals. The tablets should be swallowed whole, without chewing, with a small amount of liquid.
Adults and children over 12 years: the recommended 1-2 tablets before bedtime.
The dose and duration of treatment is determined individually. The maximum daily dose of -1.2 without masteron steroids a doctor’s prescription is recommended to take the pills no more than 1-2 weeks.